Ex-President Obasanjo Finally Graduates Becomes The First Ever PhD Graduate Of NOUN

Ex-President Obasanjo Finally Graduates Becomes The First Ever PhD Graduate Of NOUN

Nigeria's former President, Olusegun Obasanjo who was pictured last year defending his PhD thesis at National Open University, has finally graduated.

The photo of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his convocation gown, which was shared on the official Instagram handle of 'Olusegun Obasanjo Library', came with the caption;

The Chief Promoter of #OOPLis officially a Doctor of Philosophy. Congratulations to Chief Olusegun Obasanjo PhD.

Recall that Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo who is now a PhD holder was spotted in a classroom with a laptop and his thesis, sitting before an academic panel in December 2017.

Although the topic of his research work is unknown yet, the research topic of the 80-year-old former head of state is believed to be centred around Christian Theology.

Recall that Obasanjo enrolled at the National Open University of Nigeria in 2014 as a graduate student having obtained a post-graduate Diploma in 2009.

When asked why he wanted to go back to school, the former president said he wanted to achieve in every aspect of life.

He said; "I always aspire to something new in my farm. I do that in my international activities. I do it in my writing. I do it in the improvement of my academic work which helps to sharpen my brain and strengthen my faith".

The National Open University of Nigeria is an Open and Distance Learning institution first established in 1983 during the democratic dispensation of Alhaji Shehu Shagari and later resuscitated in 2002 by the Olusegun Obasanjo led administration.

A short look into the former president's educational background shows that he enrolled into Saint David Ebenezer School at Ibogun, for his primary school education. From 1952 to 1957, he attended Baptist Boys High School (BBHS), Abeokuta, for his secondary school education.

He was sent to India where he took training at the 'Indian Army School of Engineering' and at the 'Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...