'Governor Wike Must Resign Over Rivers Massacre'- Rotimi Amaechi

'Governor Wike Must Resign Over Rivers Massacre'- Rotimi Amaechi

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has asked Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike to resign from office.

His call followed the New Year tragedy that occurred in the state.

Gunmen opened fire on people returning from church in the early hours of Monday Amaechi said Governor Wike has allegedly been encouraging militant groups because of politics and election, adding that it was high time he acted on the oath he swore to protect lives and property.

"I think the governor needs to get a bit more serious, he should stop encouraging the militant groups in the name of politics and election. You heard about 21 only in Omoku, what about in Akutoru where two persons were killed, what about other LGA.

"I think there should be much more than age to qualify to be a governor because it takes much more than age.

"I was governor of Rivers State, I did not play PDP/APC politics, life is life it has no symbol. Nobody has APC life or PDP life.

"The first responsibility of a governor which is what the oath of office requires, is that you swear to protect lives and property. When you don't protect life and property what do you do? Is impeachment. Unfortunately there is no House of Assembly in Rivers State," Ameachi said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...