We Are Not in Support of Wike's 2nd Term Endorsement - Ex-Deputy Speaker

We Are Not in Support of Wike's 2nd Term Endorsement - Ex-Deputy Speaker

A former deputy speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Mr. Leyii Kwanee, has said that members of the Seventh Assembly were not among the ex-legislators, who endorsed the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, for a second term.

According to Punch, Kwanee revealed this while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Monday. He explained that, though, he was not against the support of the governor for a second term in office, the timing and platform used to seek for such endorsement were not appropriate.

It will be recalled that former legislators of State House of Assembly said that their reason for endorsing Wike for a second term was based on his state-wide projects and the exceptional implementation of the New Rivers Development Blueprint.

The ex-lawmakers had expressed their support through the leader of the forum, Senator Adawari Pepple, who also announced that the Forum has passed a vote of confidence on the state governor.

But Kwanee, who was the deputy speaker of the House during the Rotimi Amaechi administration, said that the endorsement should not have taken place on the day, they (ex-lawmakers), were mourning one of their colleagues, Anderson Miller.

"On Sunday, I observed in some national dailies that a group called the Forum of Former Lawmakers, has endorsed His Excellency, Governor of Rivers State, for a second tenure.

"I don't have any issues with such endorsement, but I want to put the record straight that there is no such Forum of Former Lawmakers being pioneered by the distinguished Senator Dawari Pepple.."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...