JUST IN - Veteran Comic Actor 'Baba Sala' Begs For Financial Aid After Suffering A Stroke

JUST IN - Veteran Comic Actor 'Baba Sala' Begs For Financial Aid After Suffering A Stroke

According to Sources, the octogenarian personally made the appeal on Wednesday at a briefing on his biography entitled 'The Triumph of Destiny'.

He was quoted to have said: "I need help. Nigerians should help me. I am not dead yet, they should not let me die suffering." The comedian was reportedly looking frail and required human support to walk.

Dele Adejumo, his son, was quoted as saying: "He has investments but they have all been wrecked by mismanagement. He also had a three-storey building in Mushin, Lagos which he had to sell to offset debt incurred when his work, Orun Mooru, was pirated.

"We still have some of his recorded works not in public yet but machines that will be used to transform them to an acceptable format are not easily available. We do not have the kind of money they are charging us.

"We have been told that baba needs a lot of money for medical treatment abroad. He is suffering from a stroke and other ailments. There are many people of his age who are not like this.

We are trying our best as family members. We take him to the teaching hospital weekly but he needs proper medical attention."

'The Triumph of Destiny', set for release on December 4, was co-authored by Babatunde Akinola, Collins Oyedokun, and Kunle Ajani.

Another veteran actor, Sadiq Daba, is battling leukaemia and he recently lamented that it is very expensive to pay for his treatment.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...