Epe Pupils: Parents Hold Thanksgiving, Share Testimonies

Epe Pupils: Parents Hold Thanksgiving, Share Testimonies

Parents of the six freed pupils of the Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe, held thanksgiving service yesterday at Dolphin Senior Secondary School, Sura area of the state.
The parents shared their testimonies during the service which lasted for about two hours.

The pupils - Peter Jonah, Isiaq Rahmon, Adebayo George, Judah Agbausi, Pelumi Philips and Farouq Yusuf - were dropped in a creek in Ondo State last Friday after the kidnappers collected fresh N5m.

They were reunited with their parents in Lagos later in the day and subsequently taken to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, for medical tests.

Yesterday, the children, their parents and relatives thronged Dolphin Secondary School hall, thanking God for their safe return after 64 days in the kidnappers' den.

Although the parents did not officially speak with journalists, they freely gave their testimonies.

One of them, Morufu Ramon, said, "My son said there was a time he called me with the mobile phone of one of the kidnappers, who forgot his phone and went somewhere. He wanted to ask me if they should escape, but I missed his call. I would have advised them to escape.

"He said there was also a time the kidnappers went out for four days and left one person behind to look after them. He said the man slept off and they thought of escaping with his gun."

Another parent, Beatrice Peter, said she was slapped by one of the kidnappers in one of the occasions, when they went to pay ransom.

She added that the kidnappers collected the money around Igbonla.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...