Presidential Plane Allegedly Departs from London as Anxiety Mounts Among Presidency

Presidential Plane Allegedly Departs from London as Anxiety Mounts Among Presidency

The Nigerian Presidential jet which has been parked in a London airport for over 80 days, allegedly departed the United Kingdom perhaps to Nigeria which caused tension within the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to a report by Vanguard, the media team of President Muhammadu Buhari, however denied knowledge of such thing, saying that it should be taken as rumour as there was no information available to them suggesting that the President had left London where he is on medical vacation.

Many online reports had speculated about the President's return on Tuesday when some sources in London had claimed that the presidential aircraft had taken off from there to Abuja even as it was reported that some staff at the Presidential Villa had been on standby since Monday.

When contacted by a correspondent, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said he was not aware of the alleged departure of the Presidential aircraft from London from.

Also in denial of any knowledge of the alleged departure of the Presidential aircraft from London was the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adeshina who said he was not informed of anything like that.

According to him, "BBC also called me and said the president's aircraft had taken off, I should confirm it. I said the tradition is that if the president is coming, we will be asked to issue a statement but there has been no such instruction."

As at the time of filing this report, there was no confirmation to the effect that the presidential aircraft had left London and there was no movement within the Presidential Villa to support the rumour.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...