Doyin Okupe Moves to Accord Party

Doyin Okupe Moves to Accord Party

Doyin Okupe has formally joined Accord party. He made this known on his his Facebook page today. Doyin said:

"Following various consultations with political associates, family and friends I have decided to formally join the Accord party.

"My decision is based on deep reflection on who I am and what I want from politics. To me politics does not begin and end with winning or losing elections. It's not about big or small parties either. It's also beyond personal relationships or endearing associations or friendships.

"There exist in our communities several platforms on which such affiliations and sentiments can be sufficiently gratified. To me, politics is about, service to the people, policies and ideologies that will serve the best interests of the greater majority of the society, forthrightness and accountability, honour and Integrity.

"I want to belong to a political party that will be able to publicly state its position on troubling national issues like, requests for self determination by a section of the country, resource control, federalism and restructuring, religious intolerance, atrocities of Fulani Herdsman, unequal standards in national university admission policy, and many more.

"Any political party that does not have an openly stated position on these issues is a mere association of elites coming together only to feather their own nests," Okupe said in the statement.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...