Shocking! Ex-Convict Arrested for Stealing Few Days After Finishing a 7-year Jail Term (Photo)

Shocking! Ex-Convict Arrested for Stealing Few Days After Finishing a 7-year Jail Term (Photo)

The operatives of the Cross River State Police Command have on Tuesday, paraded a 35-year-old ex-convict identified as Anietie Okon alongside 24 others for attempting to a steal car battery two days after he finished serving his seven years jail term.

According to a report by Punch Metro, the convict said that he had gone to steal the battery in order to raise money to buy items for cleansing as prescribed by a church prophet in Calabar.

While speaking to correspondents, the Commissioner of Police, Hafiz Inuwa, said Okon was arrested on May 21 at about 9.45am for breaking into a workshop with the intention of stealing valuable properties.

He said that the victim would soon be charged to court as investigation and confession showed that he was culpable.

Corroborating the commissioner's position, Okon said, "I had no money on me. I went to the church for deliverance but the prophet asked me to go and buy some materials for cleansing. I did not have any money, so, I went to a mechanic workshop to see if I could get money.

"I sighted a battery and wanted to take it for sale but I was caught by security operatives. That was how I found myself in the police custody again. Please I beg for mercy, I will not do it again. I actually told the church that I had no money."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...