Why My Relationship with Tinubu Fell Apart - Ex Minister, Obanikoro

Why My Relationship with Tinubu Fell Apart - Ex Minister, Obanikoro

While speaking in an interview with Punch newspaper, a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, revealed that he fell out with the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, because he could not balance personal relationships with political disagreements.

Obanikoro who has already made peace with Tinubu, following the intervention of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu and other prominent figures, said the fallout will "serve as a good lesson to the younger generation."

"I was happy that the reconciliation was done successfully. As I have said earlier, a very good friend of mine was also involved in the process.

What has happened to me as regards my relationship with Asiwaju Tinubu should serve as a good lesson to the younger generation.

"Whenever you play your politics, always have it at the back of your mind that when you have disagreements, politically with someone, leave personal relationship out of it. Don't allow your disagreement to affect the personal relationship you have with that person.

"I was never comfortable all along that I lost personal relationship with Asiwaju Tinubu. We can always mend fences after political disagreements easily but it is the personal relationship that is crucial," he said.

Tunde Rahman, Tinubu's spokesperson, had earlier revealed why Obanikoro visited his boss.

He said: "I don't think there is more to the visit.

"It's been in the public domain that Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has reconciled with his political leader. "So, if you see him around Asiwaju, you should understand within that context.

"He (Obanikoro) even said it publicly that he has retraced his steps and come back home."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...