Buhari's wife, Aisha reveals President's driving force

Buhari's wife, Aisha reveals President's driving force

Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, has disclosed that the "unflinching support" and prayers by Nigerian women has been the "driving force" behind her husband's push to deliver on his electoral promises.

Aisha made the disclosure during a session organised to distribute food items to women organisations in Yola, Adamawa State capital.

She commended the women for the backing they have been giving her husband since the last presidential election.

Mrs Buhari said the support has energized her and the President to remain committed to societal development.

According to Mrs Buhari, "I am deeply appreciative of the support that you show to us at every turn and promise that I will never let you down.

"Today's event, which is the distribution of food items, is a symbolic gesture and a token of my appreciation. It is meant to confirm that I have not forgotten you, and never will."

In his remark, the Governor of Adamawa state, Muhammad Bindow Jibrilla, who was represented by state commissioner for Education, Kaleptapwa Farauta, said anything done to improve their welfare had his full support.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...