APC commends Goodluck Jonathan for "accepting" he imposed Wike on Rivers people

APC commends Goodluck Jonathan for 'accepting' he imposed Wike on Rivers people

The All Progressives Congress, APC, has thanked former President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, for admitting that he imposed Nyesom Wike as Governor of Rivers State.

While commissioning the Nkpogu Bridge in Port Harcourt, the state capital recently, Jonathan had said, "I don't regret making Wike a governor."

However, the Rivers state chapter of the APC in a statement issued on Tuesday and signed by the State Chairman, Chief (Dr.) Davies Ibiamu Ikanya, stated that Jonathan's statement showed that Rivers people never voted for Wike.

The statement reads, "This statement confirms that Dr. Jonathan alone and not Rivers people made Wike a governor.

"This statement by Dr Jonathan affirms our earlier stand that Rivers people never voted Wike into power."

"It is based on this truism that Wike can now recoat and repaint projects initiated and executed by the administration of Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and present them for commissioning as his own projects.

"It is this fact that he was never voted in by the people of Rivers State that made him to continue to embark upon projects that are inimical to the growth and progress of Rivers State and her people.

"It is based on this fact that Rivers State under Wike is now renamed Rivers of Blood as political killings continue unabated in the once-peaceful state.

"It is based on this fact that the only known agenda of Wike and his cohorts is how to do the impossible of decimating, destroying and undoing one of the brightest stars from Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Amaechi, and make him irrelevant in the politics of Nigeria. It is because the people of Rivers State never vote for him in the 2015 general elections that made him to ensure that Rivers' money is wasted on profitless ventures and sponsoring of PDP Conventions."

"Even though Wike was Chief of Staff Government House, Port Harcourt, at the time I was Vice President, I didn't know him personally until his name was forwarded to me by the then Governor of Rivers State, Amaechi, when I became President for ministerial appointment.

Out of persuasion, he became Minister...I have no regret for making him governor."

"This fact once again exposes Wike as a nobody until Amaechi decided to nominate him to Dr Jonathan as a Minister. Today, Wike has become a disaster and we are paying for this unfortunate appointment.

"Today, he is after the Amaechi that made him politically, thereby making himself a masterbetrayer less than Judas Iscariot. We thank Dr Jonathan for telling the world that in his entire life, he never knew or met Wike until Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi brought him to him."

"Though we know that this is another cheap and bogus lie embellished to blackmail Amaechi, Flag Amachree and Orji Ngofa, let us point out knowing the type of politics that Wike plays this
maybe a ploy by Wike to embark upon another massive killing of APC members and innocent Rivers State people.

"We therefore urge the relevant security agencies to monitor Wike and his agents of destruction accordingly and avoid further killing of Rivets State people. The world is fully aware that Rivers State under Wike has become Rivers of blood where human lives are treated less than that of animals."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...