President Buhari names Ekiti Federal Varsity after Late General Adebayo

President Buhari names Ekiti Federal Varsity after Late General Adebayo

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday named the Federal University, Oye Ekiti after the late military governor of the old Western Region, Major General Adeyinka Adebayo.

The President, who was represented by the
Acting President, Yemi Osinbanjo at the funeral service held at the All Saints Anglican Church, Iyin Ekiti, said the honour was done to immortalize Adebayo for his immense contributions to the unity and development of the Nigerian nation.

The town was agog as top Nigerians from all walks of lives, including state governors, business moguls , politicians and foreign national besieged it to honour the Iconic Nigerian.

Osinbajo while making the pronouncement said the Pesident , who had a harmonious relationship with General Adebayo would have loved to be in attendance but for the present situation at the presidency, tactically.

Former Governor, Niyi Adebayo and son of the deceased thanked Nigerians for the support the family had gotten since the patriarch died on March 8. 2017.

"Though the show my father left behind might be too difficult for me , but I promise to live up to expectation. I will do my best for my father to be happy with me in heaven," he said,.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...