I spent fake currency in Lagos, Ogun for five years - Ex-convict

I spent fake currency in Lagos, Ogun for five years - Ex-convict

A robbery suspect and ex-convict identified as Felix Ademola, has been arrested by the police in Oyo State.
Ademola specialized in dealing in fake currency shortly after he was set free from prison.

The suspect and his gang members were also said to have been involved in robbing and terrorizing residents of the state.

While being paraded along with other robbery suspects at the state command headquarters in Eleyele, Ibadan, the state capital, at the weekend, Ademola claimed he had conducted successful robbery operations in Lagos and Ogun states.

He said, "After I left prison, I began dealing in fake money. I bought the fakes from a man who printed them in the Abattoir area of Agege, Lagos State. For the N200, 000 that I collected from him, I paid him N30, 000. The fakes were in N1, 000 denominations.

"I usually go out and buy items of about N200, pay with a fake N1, 000. I will then be given a change of N800. I will do this to different traders until I spend all the fake money and gain about N170, 000. I did this for 5 years.

"Apart from dealing in fake currency, I led a gang of robbers to attack some residents in the Iyana Ipaja area of Lagos State and we shared N450, 000 after the operation.

"We used a local gun and a pistol. After breaking in, we threatened the occupants with our guns and took their money and mobile phones. Because they cooperated, we did not kill anyone.

"In another operation three months after, we made about N60, 000.

"After that, I had an accident and my hand was injured. For a long time, I did not rob. But when my health improved, I organised another robbery in Oyo. We were still operating when the police came, but I was the only one caught," he added.

The state Commissioner of Police, CP. Leye Oyebade, who paraded the suspects, said the command had been successful in freeing the state of hoodlums.

"Those arrested would be prosecuted soon," the CP added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...