Corrupt Politicians Have Billions Hidden In Farms - Dogara

Corrupt Politicians Have Billions Hidden In Farms - Dogara

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has expressed shock over the wicked manner some leaders looted the nation's treasury, saying they now hide their loot in farms.

Dogara, who lamented that no conviction had been secured so far against the looters to serve as deterrence to others, said, in an interview, that there was need to reassess the way the anti-graft war was being waged to ensure the rule of law was followed.

He said: "If you look at the massive looting of the treasury, actually, I have been in government for quite some time, I never, never could have imagined the scale of corruption that we are witnessing, where people took lots of money running into billions and buried them in farms.
"As we speak, they are recovering monies from someone's farm somewhere around Abuja. It is very unfortunate, where people stole money just for the sake of stealing. If you were the one who was in charge of fighting corruption, you would have even been shocked by the scale of the problem.
"I guess part of the problem we have is that the scale of the problem far outweighs the anticipation of the agencies. So, if care is not taken in the process, we may not get things right. They will have to keep their heads level to be able to be in charge of this fight and do it effectively."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...