EFCC Concocting Evidence Against Me - Obanikoro

EFCC Concocting Evidence Against Me - Obanikoro

Former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, has disclosed that the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission are concocting evidence against his person out of desperation to implicate him.

In a statement by his media aide, yesterday, Obanikoro said;

"Recall that when the EFCC illegally raided my houses in Lagos, they went away with various documents which included blank signed letter headed papers as testified in the Affidavit sworn in the Court.

"It has however come to my notice that the EFCC has allegedly written an acknowledgement on one of the documents purportedly used as evidence that I collected the equivalent sum of $1m in cash from a Bureau de Change and signed for it.

"This is another lie from the pit of hell. How can anybody change money from a Bureau De Change and sign for it?

"I still insist that throughout my stints as Minister, I never collected any money from any Bureau De Change and as such, I urge the public to ignore the EFCC who are trying to skew investigations in its favour.

"The EFCC has obviously betrayed public trust by its latest sinister plan of manufacturing receipt in my name. Instead of genuinely carrying out its mandate, it has been grossly overshadowed by political wiles.

"Last month, The Punch newspaper had quoted a detective at the EFCC saying: "The owner of A. A. G. B. S Oil and Gas confirmed to us that the company is a BDC but was only bearing the name of an oil company. He confirmed that he received N168m from Sylvan McNamara and $1m was delivered to Obanikoro in cash while he was the Minister of State for Defence based on the exchange rate at the time.

"Obanikoro acknowledged receipt of the cash and we have recovered evidence."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...