Abia: Court has denied me my fundamental human right - Governor Ikpeazu

Abia: Court has denied me my fundamental human right - Governor Ikpeazu

Embattled Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has alleged that the Federal High court in Abuja which sacked him from office has denied him his fundamental human right.
An Abuja Federal High Court had last week ousted the embattled governor for failing to submit proper tax certificate to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, during its 2014 governorship primaries.

The Justice Okon Abang-led court also ordered the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, to issue the second placed aspirant in the primaries, Uche Ogah with the certificate of return, which was done.

He, however, appealed the ruling by filing a suit for stay of execution before the same court which was adjourned till Wednesday for ruling.

But speaking, a group under the aegis of "Team of Concerned Lawyers," the embattled governor likened the alleged denial of his right to someone being killed without being given the benefit to appeal.

Ikpeazu said, "The Abuja High Court ruling denied me of the right to exercise my fundamental human right, which is the right of appeal.

"So, if it was a case of execution, I would have been killed without being given time to exercise my right of appeal before a court of competent jurisdiction, which is against the laws of fundamental human rights."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...