Bright white eyes are a sign of good health and are very desirable as well, while tired, dull and bloodshot eyes can be as a result of fatigue, lack of sleep, long working hours, nutritional deficiency, excessive drinking, dehydration, smoking and even serious health problems like a weak liver.
The white part of the eye is called the Sclera and a milky-white sclera is often linked with good health and beauty. It's usually the first part of the eyes to show signs of aging.
While extreme cases should be referred to an optician or medical professional, these simple ways work to clear the eyes;
- 1. Tea Bags
- Simply dip 2 bags of either green or black tea in a mug of hot water for 5 minutes, remove the tea bags, squeeze out the excess water and put them in the fridge for about 10 mins or a little more. Place the chilled teabags over closed eyes and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- 2. Cucumber
- Cut a few thick slices of cucumber and put them in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, put the chilled slices over the closed eyelids until they become warm. Rinse eyes with water.
- 3. Eat Enough Fruits And Vegetables
- Orange and yellow fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, pumpkins, lemons and oranges, contain vitamins and antioxidants that will help keep your eyes white. Eating green, leafy foods like spinach and kale also have a positive effect on your eye health.
- 4. Get Adequate Sleep
- It is greatly recommended that you get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night because getting enough sleep every night will ensure that your body is rested and consequently that your eyes are rested and restored to their natural white color.[./dd]