Twin Born With Facial Abnormalities Tells Surgeons He Wants To Look Like The Other

Twin Born With Facial Abnormalities Tells Surgeons He Wants To Look Like The Other

An identical twin who was born with facial abnormalities has spoken of his joy after doctors helped him look more like his brother.

Nate Gomes, from Merced, California, was disheartened that he didn't look like his twin brother at all and despite spending $2 million (£1.5 million) on surgery over the years he still wasn't happy with his appearance.

Appearing in new reality show Botched By Nature's debut episode last night, Nate, who had undergone 21 surgical procedures prior to appearing on the show, begged Doctors Terry Dubrow and Paul Nassif for help.

Aside his facial abnormalities, the pair learnt Nate was also born with a hole in his heart and a cleft foot.

As the pair are on their way to meet Nate and his family, Dr. Nassif explains: 'Nate has an identical twin brother, but he does not look like his identical twin brother.

'When they were in utero...I think it's called twin-to-twin transfusion.'

'Usually you can do that and the other twin will usually die, remember that, but he survived, but he has all these problems.

'And he's got a normal twin brother (who) doesn't have these problems.'

He says: 'I'm not asking for the perfect nose, I just want to look like everyone else,' adding that he is '100 per cent on board' with having further surgery.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...