Tenant destroys her rented apartment before packing out from her lanlord's property

A landlord was left shocked and counting his losses when he discovered rubbish piled high alongside rotten food and even human waste a woman left behind before moving out from his property.

The landlord identified as Shahin Miah, who owns the property located in Erdington, Birmingham, claimed his former tenant who had been living in the house for five years with her four children, vacated on Sunday and left the place in a rotten state.

Tenant destroys her rented apartment before packing out from her lanlord's property

Shahin Miah said:

'For the last year, she never opened the windows or curtains. She never put the bins out on the right day. I got suspicious when I went to the house to visit and she wouldn't let me in.

'She would say she was busy and she was going out. I would ask for a time to return and she never replied.

'Around four months ago, there was gas works going on in the road and they told all the neighbours that there wouldn't be gas for a day.

'They needed access to the house and they never got hold of her. They knocked the next-door neighbour who told the gas people to come to me.

'The gas people told me that there was no gas at the house for a month - how could she survive?

'I phoned her but she never picked up. Eventually, I phoned her and said there was no gas in the house and they needed to go into the house and she said she would let them in and then she didn't.'

At the end of August the woman told Mr. Miah she was leaving and she finally left on Sunday without leaving a forwarding address.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...