"I don't care what my customers do with the guns I sell" - Gunrunning suspect

A 45-year-old gunrunning suspect who was arrested by the Niger State Police Command for unlawful possession of firearms, has disclosed that he doesn't care about what his customers do with the guns he sell.

The suspect identified as Musa Mora from Babana in Borgu Local Government Area of the state, who was arrested with six locally-made single barrel guns and three live cartridges disclosed that he bought the guns from Benin Republic and sold them to those who needed them for self-protection.

The gunrunning suspect who alongside his accomplice, Babangida Rabiu, an indigene of Dangulu area of Zamfara State, who is still at large, had on two occasions travelled to Benin Republic to illegally purchase firearms.

"I buy and sell locally-made guns and I sell them to people who are in need of guns to protect themselves, but if they do any other thing with it, that is none of my business," Mora said.

'I don't care what my customers do with the guns I sell' - Gunrunning suspect

The suspect who has been involved in the business for six years before his accomplice joined him, added that they were making money from gunrunning. When asked if he regretted his action, the suspect said;

"I do not regret anything; it is my source of livelihood; I used the money to take care of myself. I don't kill people with the guns."

The State command's Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, told Punch that the suspect had confessed to the crime.

"The police will no longer tolerate unlawful possession of firearms in the state and we have warned people to desist from it or face the consequences of the law," Abubakar stated.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...