20-year-old housewife arrested for killing eight-month-old stepdaughter with insecticide in Niger

20-year-old housewife arrested for killing eight-month-old stepdaughter with insecticide in Niger
The Niger state police command have arrested a 20-year-old housewife, Zulac Kabiru, for allegedly killing her eight-month-old stepdaughter using insecticide at their home in Danauta village in the Mariga Local Government Area of the state on September 9th.

Zulac and her husband Kabiru Labbo, lived in the same house with her co-wife, Rukaiya. According to Zulac who is the first wife, since her husband married Rukaiya as a second wife, she had not known peace as they were always having fights.

"I warned my husband against marrying another wife, but he didn't listen. The second wife was in the habit of insulting and assaulting me at all times and one day I decided to poison her eight-month-old daughter to increase her sorrow; so that she will learn how to respect her superiors in the family.

Before my husband married her, I kicked against the move. We have been living in peace but when she came, she divided the family. My husband gave her more attention and since then our family has been in shambles."

Zulac said she regrets her actions and blamed the devil.

"It was the work of the devil; I didn't know when I did it, it was a wicked act," she said.

The police say she would be charged to court soon.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...