Mother-of-2 Found Murdered In Her Home 5 Months After Giving Birth...Checkout Her Last Post on Social Media

Mother-of-2 Found Murdered In Her Home 5 Months After Giving Birth...Checkout Her Last Post on Social Media

Jessica King, a 23-year-old mother-of-two was found dead at her home yesterday about five months after giving birth.

The woman had recently posted on her social media account: 'I don't want a perfect life I want a happy one,.'

According to Daily Mail UK, two men, aged 27 and 26, have been arrested in Leeds on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident after a body was discovered at a house in Halifax at around 3.15pm yesterday.

Today the young woman was named locally as Jessica King by neighbours who described her as a 'nice, normal mum'.

In her last public Facebook post, Miss King complained about people creating a mirage of a 'happy' life through Facebook posts.

She wrote: 'How putting pictures and status on here can hide a lot!! All happy my a***! Can't stand those people that make out their all perfect!!'

She also posted a picture with the words: 'I don't want a perfect life I want a happy one.'

Miss King had been in a relationship for a number of years with Jordon Thackray, 27, who recently started his own property maintenance business. Police were today at the home of Mr Thackray's parents.

A neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: 'The police turned up around 6pm last night and we had no idea what was going on.

'We know Charlie and Jacque [Jordon's parents] - they're really nice people. They're a nice family. This is a shock.

'Jordon seems like a nice enough lad, he's pleasant and a hard worker. And Charlie and Jacque have always been very supportive of him. He just recently started his own maintenance business and seemed to be doing ok for himself.'

Rita Martin, 58, lives opposite the property where Miss King's body was found and said the community was in shock at the murder.

Ms Martin said: 'Jess was such a nice girl. She had an older daughter, about four-years-old I think, who used to wave and say hello to my dad all the time.

'That's how we got talking and I used to speak to her often. She was just a nice, normal mum.

'I just can't take it in. The whole community is extremely saddened by what's happened.'

Ms Martin said Miss King was the first and only occupant of the new build house that had been built two years ago in Halifax, West Yorkshire.

She said: 'She was supposed to live there on her own, I think it was her house. I know she had a boyfriend.'

'I saw the police van and wondered what was going on and then I saw a woman who must have been Jess' mother and she was just beside herself.

'It was heartbreaking to watch. That's when I knew something really bad had happened.

'It's devastating to think about. She had two little girls that are now without their mother. She was just a normal 23-year-old, it's too sad to think about.'

Police are appealing for anyone with any information about the incident to come forward. A post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine a cause of death.

Detective Chief Inspector Jaz Khan who is leading the investigation, said: 'Police have launched a murder enquiry following the discovery of a woman's body in a house in Siddall.

'Officers have made two arrests in connection with the investigation and those men remain in custody for questioning. I am still very much appealing for anyone who may have information or have seen suspicious behaviour outside the address to come forwards."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...