Borrowing Gun is More Expensive Than Having Your Own - Robbery Suspect Confesses

Borrowing Gun is More Expensive Than Having Your Own - Robbery Suspect Confesses

Sadiq Yakubu, a robbery suspect, has said he went into gun-running because borrowing guns for robbery operations was too expensive.

Daily Post reports that Sadiq and his accomplices, who have been terrorizing residents of Okokomaiko and environs, were arrested by the operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, FSARS.

They were yesterday paraded alongside 35 other suspects at the Police Officers Mess, Ikeja, Lagos state.

Sadiq told reporters that he usually bought guns from Cotonou, Benin Republic at N20,000 and sold same to members of his gang and other gangs for between N30,000 and N40,000.

The 21-year-old suspect explained further that members of his gang usually robbed their victims, mostly females, while they were at the verge of boarding commercial buses.

According to him, three of his guns were lost to Police in foiled operations.

He said, "I bought the guns for myself, members of my gang and other gangs, who know what I do.

I started the business last year, when I discovered it was more expensive to rent a gun than having a personal one.

"We operate at Iyana-Sashi, Igboelerin and Okokomaiko area of Lagos. At night we attack vehicles at Iyana-Sashi during traffic jams, dispossess passengers of cash and telephones.

"We operate with Okada. Mohammed introduced me to robbery. My operational name is Yankees. I was arrested at Ajangbandi, after an operation at a lotto house.

"One of my friends invited me to join him for the operation because I had arms. Unfortunately after the operation, he fled with the loot, while I was arrested because I didn't know the terrain."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...