Germany Returnee Commits Suicide; Mother Claims He Was Used For Ritual

Germany Returnee Commits Suicide; Mother Claims He Was Used For Ritual

A Nigerian mother based in Germany, Mrs F. Owodunni, is claiming her son, Edwin Owodunni was used for ritual purposes after the son committed suicide.

Mrs Owodunni wrote a petition to the Federal Criminal Investigation Department (FCID), Homicide Section, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos stating she suspected foul play when her son began to avoid her calls.

She wrote,

"I am writing a petition about the suspected murder of my son, Edwin Owodunni, 20, and a citizen of Germany.
My son had been coming to Nigeria to visit his father and this trip was his fourth. Edwin came to Nigeria on March 16, 2017 for the burial of his paternal grandmother in the village at Owerri.
Edwin was expected to return to Germany on April 7. He was communicating with me (via phone). He called on April 12 to inform that he had extended his flight to May 12 as he wanted to spend more time with his father. That was the last time the family here in Germany heard from Edwin.
All efforts to reach Edwin's father proved abortive. All efforts to reach my son also proved abortive.
But to our surprise, we were told that Edwin had committed suicide. We got this news on June 26 while Edwin allegedly committed suicide about three months ago in his father's village in Owerri".
"To this end, we want the police to thoroughly investigate this case to unravel the mystery behind the death of my son".

The father of the boy has been arrested by the police in connection to the son's death.

All efforts to reach the Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the FCID proved futile.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...