Man Who Chopped Off Daughter's Ears Said Ghosts Told Him To Do It (Photo)

Man Who Chopped Off Daughter's Ears Said Ghosts Told Him To Do It (Photo)

A man who chopped off his step-daughter's ears in the middle of the night said ghosts told him to do it. Police in India confirmed Amrit Bahadur, 35, attacked the girl and was about to slash her throat when officers arrived. It was later revealed this was not the first time he had harmed the youngster, who is also his niece.

Bahadur told cops ghosts visited him at about 2am on Thursday and told him he had to make Bina cry or she would die.

In a bid to please the "ghosts" he poured water on the child, causing her to cry, but the spirits then demanded blood, he said.

He told police: "So, I chopped a bit of her ear.

But they asked me to give them her entire ear, so I sliced both her ears and kept them in a corner so that they could collect them."

The girl's family and neighbours were awoken by her screams and police were called.

Brave family members tried to tackle Bahadur but he attacked them too.

The man was overpowered and taken into custody where he was later charged.

Ravindra Yadav, joint commissioner for the eastern range, confirmed the events and said Bahadur has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Police believe the step-dad is suffering with serious mental health issues and it is likely he will receive treatment in prison.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...