Final Year Student Nabbed For Stealing N300K Belonging To Petty Trader

Final Year Student Nabbed For Stealing N300K Belonging To Petty Trader

A final year student of University of Calabar, (UNICAL), Jeremiah Emmanuel Dominic, has been arrested for allegedly stealing N300, 000 from a fruit seller in Calabar.

According to the fruit seller who spoke with CRWatch, Dominic has been coming around my business place and he patronizes me frequently, he usually relaxes with us. Sometimes he will be in possession of my phone in the name of collecting music.

I saved that money for my school issues because I have finished since two years ago, I did my project and all that is left to do my clearance which includes my outstanding fees and is the major reason I am doing this business and saving that money.

Recently my partner went to the bank to use the ATM to withdraw some money to solve an urgent issue and upon reaching there the machine kept telling him insufficient funds.

We went to the bank for enquiry and discovered that severally recharge cards and at times transfer have been done from my account to another using my phone. Records revealed that Dominic was the one behind it.

He opened up and told us that he used the money to solve some problems. While still at the bank, upon Dominic's confession, his mother fainted. She later returned N100k and wrote an undertaken to balance up." Dominic has since been handed over to the police.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...