I caught my husband with another woman in our bed, but I still love him - Wife tells court

I caught my husband with another woman in our bed, but I still love him - Wife tells court

A 40-year-old trader, Mrs Folake Alimi, on Wednesday told an Igando Customary Court sitting in Lagos that even though she had caught her husband making love to a lady on their matrimonial bed, she still loves him.

Responding to a divorce suit filed by her husband whom she accused of cheating, Mrs Alimi prayed the court not to dissolve the marriage.

According to mother of four, "I came home unannounced and I caught my husband making love to a girl; he jumped up when he noticed my presence.

"I also saw him with a woman in a hotel near our house when I went to buy food.

"He begged me not to expose him because of his position in the church and I kept it a secret."

The 40-year-old trader said her husband was always jealous and had often accused her of dating everyman he saw her with.

"My husband stopped me from working, claiming men are dating me," she said.

She prayed the court not to grant her husband's wish for the dissolution of the marriage, because she's still in love with him.

Alimi's husband simply identified as Joseph approached the court seeking the dissolution of the 11-year old marriage over his wife's alleged infidelity.

Joseph also accused his wife of going out and returning at will.

The 47-year-old businessman said, "My wife is cheating on me, she receives calls from men at odd hours.

"My wife abandoned me and the children for one year for an unknown destination; she came back and left for another seven months.

"She was always going to parties and spending days before coming back," the estranged husband said.

The petitioner alleged that his wife's son from another father, had attacked him in his church with cutlass, rods and other dangerous weapons.

Consequently, he begged the court to dissolve the union because he was no longer in love with her.

"My step-son that I trained came to my church with his gang in order to beat me up because I beat his mother," he said.

After listening to the couple, the president of the court, Adegboyega Omilola, adjourned the case till June 28 for further hearing.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...