MEET Man Who Lives As A Vampire & Sleeps In A Coffin

Darkness Vlad Tepes says he's been living as a vampire for 13 years and sleeps in a custom made-to-measure coffin.

The 25-year-old, who changed his name by deed poll, says he is bullied for his alternative lifestyle and he's drunk cows' and pigs' blood, as well as a human blood substitute.

But Vlad, says garlic doesn't affect him and he can happily walk around in sunlight. He has likened the abuse he suffers due to his lifestyle to that of goth Sophie Lancaster, who was murdered.

He said: "I might be a vampire but I just want to be treated like everyone else."

Darkness, who wears black eyeliner, says he suffered open abuse while drinking in a pub in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, because of his appearance.

He said: "I went into the pub with two mates and a lad piped up and asked if I was abused as a child when I was young because of the way I look.

"I felt so ashamed and embarrassed that I would get asked such a personal question based on my choice of lifestyle.

"Everyone has their beliefs and I don't believe I should be persecuted for following mine. "It's this kind of behaviour that cost the life of Sophie Lancaster in Bacup in 2007.

"I might be a vampire but I just want to be treated like everyone else.

"People have got to accept the fact that what's normal to them is not normal to us, and what's normal to us is not normal to them."

He also has a strict balanced diet which stays away from fatty foods, and drinks cows' and pigs' blood, as well as a human blood substitute.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...