Ni

A 30-year-old Nigerian, identified as Daniel Henry who came to India on a business visit, has been found dead in a flat in Nalasopara, Mumbai. His body was found on Thursday night, already decomposing.

The Police suspected he was electrocuted in the kitchen.

According to The Times of India, Inspector Kailash Barve said that Daniel Henry may have died around three days before his body was found.

Police came to the flat after neighbours complained of foul smell from Henry's flat. The police broke open the main door and found the body was decomposed.

Daniel's right hand fingers and wrist were touching the compressor of the refrigerator indicating that he could have died of electrocution. Police suspect that he may have touched the compressor in a drunken state.

Henry's business visa had expired on April 22.
The flat was rented out to him by the owner, Qadeer Syed, in December 2015.

Neighbours said that while Henry stayed alone, he often invited male friends for parties that went on till late night.

The police have not got any details about Henry's family. Police said that they will contact the Nigerian consulate for information about Henry.

The body has been sent to J J hospital for autopsy.

The flat owner has been summoned to the police station for details on Henry's family. The flat has been sealed.

Download Now