Three in police net for gang rape of 16-year-old in Lagos

Three in police net for gang rape of 16-year-old in Lagos

The Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba on Monday said it had arrested three men for alleged gang rape of a 16-year-old girl.
An authoritative police source at the SCID told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that the incident occurred on June 16 at 7, Kaka Street, Ayobo, Ipaja.

The source told NAN that two of the suspects, now at large, lured the victim to their friend's house at the above address where they took turns in raping her.

The source said that after sometime, the owner of house, Samuel Akpan, also came in and drove the other two, simply identified as Sadiq and Fatai, out and began to take his turn.

According to the source, Akpan later invited two others, Shola Owolabi and Michael Lanre, to join him.

He noted that the gang's movement in and out of Akpan's room attracted the landlord who forced the door open and caught them in the act.

The source added: "The three men made a video recording of their act as they raped the girl one after the other.

"They also threatened to kill the girl and dump her corpse should she raise an alarm as they enjoyed themselves."

The landlord, Shakiru Akinola, told NAN that some of his tenants were the ones who drew his attention to the unusual happening in Akpan's room.

Akinola said: "On that fateful day, I returned from the hospital and was resting when some tenants called to inform me the movements of some men in Akpan's room.

"So, I managed to walk to the room to knock, asking them to open the door, which they refused.

"So, I was compelled to force the door open and caught them having sex with the girl and videoing the actions with their phones.

"At this point, the girl was weak and I rescued her and immediately bought a tin of milk and a can of malt to make her regain strength.

"While the men were watching her, I sneaked out to inform the police and they arrived at scene almost immediately to apprehend them."

Meanwhile, the police have said the girl was undergoing medical examination and treatment in an undisclosed hospital.

The police added that the suspects would be taken to court soon.
NAN.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...