Rebecca Ferguson is in negotiations to co-star with Ewan McGregor in Warner Bros.' adaptation of the Stephen King novel "Doctor Sleep," the sequel to horror classic "The Shining."
McGregor is on board to star as the adult version of Danny Torrance in the pic. It is unknown who Ferguson will be playing.
Mike Flanagan, who helmed Netflix's adaptation of the King novella "Gerald's Game," is directing. Flanagan's producing partner, Trevor Macy, will produce along with Vertigo Entertainment's Jon Berg.
Warner Bros. had been developing this film, as well as "The Shining" prequel "Overlook Hotel," for years, but the studio struggled to secure a budget for either movie. Following the success of New Line's "It," every studio with any sort of King IP under its roof has fast-tracked each property into pre-production.
"Doctor Sleep" begins as Torrance carries the trauma of the Overlook Hotel into adulthood. He's become a reflection of his murderous father, with lingering rage and a drinking problem that dulls his pain as well as his "shining" powers. Those powers return when he embraces sobriety and uses his gift to help the dying at a hospice. He establishes a psychic connection with a young girl who shares his extreme abilities, and who is being targeted by a group with similar abilities. They've found that their powers grow if they inhale the "steam" that comes off others with the power to shine when they are suffering painful deaths.
AD: Get Hundreds Of Final Year Project Topics And Materials Sorted By Subject To Help With Your Research
Other related articles...
- Alex Ferguson to return as Manchester United manager
- What I regret not telling Sir Alex Ferguson in 2009 - Ferdinand
- Mourinho was wrong to return to Chelsea - Alex Ferguson
- Europa League: What Mourinho told Sir Alex Ferguson after winning final
- See What Manchester United Ex Manager Sir Alex Ferguson Is Saying About Jose Mourinho's Style Of Football
- Conor McGregor Might Never Fight Again
- Champions League final: What Ronaldo told Alex Ferguson after Real Madrid beat Juventus
Trending This Week