Tension as WWE president shuns his kids, names former wrestler that will take over from him

Tension as WWE president shuns his kids, names former wrestler that will take over from him

The 74-year-old former wrestler and promoter has begun his succession plan after running the business for close to three decades.

He took reigns of the organisation from his father in 1982 and his son-in-law was tipped to continue the legacy he started.

But the American football executive clearly has a different plan as he has started putting Triple H through the rudiments of running the business.

According to SunSport, the American business icon remains the company's chairman and CEO, and he sometimes appears on TV as his "Mr. McMahon" character.

McMahon's daughter Stephanie and her husband Triple H are now the most important couple of WWE in their respective roles as Chief Brand Officer and Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy and Development.

The Sun further reported Shane McMahon is okay with his on-screen role while Hall of Famer Jim Ross claims The Game whose real name is Paul Levesque is the heir apparent.

"Stephanie is very involved and, you know, is really more of a face of WWE.

She does a lot of charity work. And she's great at that. And you've got to have that in that world.

"I think Shane seems to be, apparently, content with being a TV character.

I don't know where his role's gonna be going forward or what he wants it to be.

"But, I think that Paul Levesque is the one that seems to be earmarked to be the next guy, if and when Vince is not in that role."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...