EPL: Lampard speaks on Chelsea missing out from top four after defeat at Sheffield

EPL: Lampard speaks on Chelsea missing out from top four after defeat at Sheffield

Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has admitted that his side could miss out from the Premier League top four this season following their 3-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Saturday night.

Sheffield defeated Lampard's men at Bramall Lane, thanks to David McGoldrick's brace and a strike from Oli McBurnie.

The defeat means Chelsea is in the third position on the Premier League table with 60 points after 35 games.

The Blues will drop to the fifth position if Leicester City beat Bournemouth on Sunday and Manchester United defeat Southampton on Monday.

"That is the reality (that we could be out of the top four). Today I am concerned about how we performed. I am not thinking about position, just the way we play. We can't approach the rest of our games like today," Lampard told Sky Sports.

He added: "They were better than us physically, in mind and the ball. So you lose the game."

"We were too slow with the ball. We weren't getting the wingers into the game. Disappointing goals. Mistakes."

"I have to be careful to over analyse that one. We have to put it to bed. We have to fight for the top four, but I learned a lot."

Chelsea will host Norwich City in their next Premier League fixture on Tuesday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...