How Gerrard tore his private part during a match that it left Liverpool doctor mentally scared

How Gerrard tore his private part during a match that it left Liverpool doctor mentally scared

Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard once tore his private part during a match so terrible that the club's doctor Andrew Massey was left mentally scared.

Massey who has now been promoted as the Fifa head doc in March explained that the incident left him traumatised as the player groaned in pains and needed stitches.

Andrew Massey was new to the role of the Reds' team doctor - and the experience left him traumatised as Stevie's was the first private part he sewed back together.

"Stevie came over to me at the end of the match and said, 'Doc, you are going to have to have a look at this'.

"I looked down and saw blood everywhere and thought, 'Wow, that must be really sore'.

"I was trying to think back to my medical training and nowhere in my training does it teach you how to stitch a private part"

"I thought, 'I don't want the first private part I've stitched to be Steven Gerrard's but it was'."

The legend however got up and continued with the game.

Meanwhile, having played alongside both legends, Paul Scholes has aired his opinion on the debate as regards who was better between Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.

The former Manchester United commanding midfielder says he does not feel cool with the idea of comparing the Livepool legend and the former Chelsea captain.

Scholes finally made his thoughts clear on the raging debate involving the two stars who also played for the England national team.

Gerrard is the only player out of the three not to finish with a Premier League winners medal, though arguably played in sides filled with less quality than the Chelsea and Man Utd lineups featuring Lampard and Scholes respectively.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...