Man Utd's Mason Greenwood, two others tipped to reach Messi, Ronaldo's levels

Man Utd's Mason Greenwood, two others tipped to reach Messi, Ronaldo's levels

A former Manchester United star, Dimitar Berbatov, has tipped striker, Mason Greenwood, to reach Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi and Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo's levels.

He also named Paris Saint-Germain forwards, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe to reach Messi and Ronaldo's levels when both Ballon d' Or winners retired from football.

Berbatov said this ahead of Man United's Premier League clash against Aston Villa on Thursday night.

"It will be one of the saddest days in world football when Ronaldo finishes playing, even those who dislike him will appreciate him," Berbatov told Betfair.

"The day will come, but hopefully not for some time yet. When he is finished, other players will come, even Pele and Maradona were eventually replaced- life is a circle.

"We have Neymar, Mbappe, Greenwood, and other young players that can hopefully reach the highs of Ronaldo and Messi, as unbelievable as that may seem."

Berbatov added: "Mason Greenwood has really impressed me, even before his last game, he always gets his shots on target, and he has two good feet, not just his left.

"He reminds me of Ronaldo at that age, especially with his self-belief and confidence to take players on. They also share quickness and sharpness, he's in a great position for his age, and as I said, he's embraced the opportunity."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...