Lille president confirms Osimhen's imminent exit, names the big side he will join

Lille president confirms Osimhen's imminent exit, names the big side he will join

Lille president Gerard Lopez has finally confirmed that there is ongoing negotiations between the French side and Italian giants Napoli over the transfer of Nigerian star Victor Osimhen.

Victor Osimhen is one of the best strikers in Europe considering his superb performances for Lille since he replaced Ivorian star Nicolas Pepe.

But despite all the clubs who have shown interest to sign Victor Osimhen, it appears that Napoli are the side who are so serious in having the Super Eagles forward.

While speaking with La Voix du Nord, Lille president Lopez stated clearly that Napoli are a big team and Victor Osimhen will be their superstar if he should join them.

"We have received several offers for Victor. We have exchanged a lot. We get on well and he has an extraordinary life.

''He asked me and I gave him the name of the club that in my eyes corresponds most with him.

And in terms of his style of play, the manager and the progression that he wants to achieve.

"Napoli? They are just under Juventus or Barcelona but are at the same level as Atletico Madrid. If he goes over there, he will be their superstar.

''With Napoli at his feet, it has to mean something in the life of a footballer. Victor has this strength to perform under pressure,'' he explained.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...