EPL: Van Persie reacts as Martial scores hat-trick in Manchester United's victory

EPL: Van Persie reacts as Martial scores hat-trick in Manchester United's victory

Former Manchester United striker, Robin van Persie, has congratulated forward, Anthony Martial, after the France international scored his first hat-trick for the club during the Red Devils' 3-0 victory against Sheffield United in the Premier League on Wednesday night.

Martial netted three goals against Sheffield as Man United claimed all three points against the visitors at Old Trafford.

Reacting, Van Persie in a tweet on his official Twitter on Thursday, said he was happy that someone had taken the baton after seven years.

"It took a while.. but happy that someone has taken the baton after 7 years Winking face Congratulations on the hat-trick @AnthonyMartial Fire #MUFC," Van Persie tweeted.

Meanwhile, Martial has since said that he hoped the hat-trick would not be his last for Man United.

"It was special for me because it was my first Man United's hat-trick," Martial told Sky Sports after the game.

"But I hope it is not my last. the most important thing is that we won the game."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...