Jubilation at Old Trafford as top midfielder signs 5-year deal with Man United

Jubilation at Old Trafford as top midfielder signs 5-year deal with Man United

Scott McTominay has committed his long term future to Manchester United until the summer of 2025 with an option of an additional year.

The 23-year-old has spent 15 impressive months under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the Scotland international has been rewarded.

McTominay made his senior debut back in 2017 against Arsenal and has gone on to become an important member of the Red Devils squad.

And the youngster has expressed gratitude with the new contract extension and promises to continue giving his best for the team.

"Whilst I understand that we all have so many other things to think about at the moment, I'm so happy to sign this contract and play a part in the future ahead for this team.

"All I have ever known is United and I hope that my passion for the club shows every time I go onto the pitch. I'll continue to give everything for this club whenever I pull on the shirt."

United manager Solskjaer added: "Scott has done tremendously well since I joined and has been a vital part of our midfield. He brings determination, tenacity and skill to the game and we know that Scott's attributes will be a major asset to the squad over the coming years."

McTominay has made 25 appearances so far in the current season and has scored five goals including his strikes against Arsenal and Man City at Old Trafford.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...