Rashford reveals 1 big thing Man United did for his mother 11 years ago which changed his life

Rashford reveals 1 big thing Man United did for his mother 11 years ago which changed his life

Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford has thanked his mother for the sacrifice she made which helped him get into the Red Devils' youth team when he was 11.

The striker explained that his mother Melanie pushed for Manchester United to admit him into the youth team at the age of 11 even though the program was meant for 12-year-old above.

Rashford while speaking with BBC claimed that Manchester United chiefs then considered the pleas of his mother and allow him to join the youth team.

He added that growing up was not easy for him considering the fact that his mother was a single parent and had five children to take care of.

"My mum was a single parent, she had five kids all living in the same house. The programme that I started at 11 years old, you're supposed to start it at 12 years old.

"It basically gives you accommodation closer to the training facilities and a new school and she worked that hard to push it forward because she knew that was a step I needed to take."

"I needed to be eating the right food as I was growing, I needed to be close to my team-mates, my new school and my new school friends,'' Rashford told BBC.

The England international added that the challenges he faced while growing up is the rationale that is making him to help people who are suffering.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...