Frenchman who ran into pitch to take selfie with Messi gets big punishment amid coronavirus fear

Frenchman who ran into pitch to take selfie with Messi gets big punishment amid coronavirus fear

La Liga has condemned the pitch-invading incident that occurred during Barcelona 4-0 win against host team Mallorca on Saturday, June 13, in the Spanish League, BBC reports.

A goal each from Vidal, Braithwaite, Alba and Messi handed Quique Setien's men the victory in the encounter.

Messi's goal in the game made him the first player to score 20 or more La Liga goals in 12 consecutive seasons.

The Barcelona captain however met a desperate fan who decided to risk it all during the game.

The fan, who wore a Messi shirt, emerged from the stands at the San Moix stadium midway through the second half and desperately made his way towards Messi's direction.

His act has now been condemned by La Liga as a statement by the league body reads: "This type of conduct puts the health of others at risk and risks damaging the integrity of the competition."

On his part, the desperate fan claims he scaled a two-metre high fence to gain access to Mallorca's stadium.

"I had planned this ever since I knew the match was happening. I wanted a photo with Messi and to meet him because he's my idol," the fan who is a French Mallorca resident told radio station Cadena Cope.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...