Tyson Fury reveals 1 crazy thing he will do to ensure his fight against Anthony Joshua happens

Tyson Fury reveals 1 crazy thing he will do to ensure his fight against Anthony Joshua happens

WBC champion Tyson Fury is willing to give up his heavyweight title in a bid to secure a fight with countryman Anthony Joshua.

The British-born boxers recently reached a doubleheader agreement to stage an epic unification bout next year - this will help crown the first undisputed champion in the sport.

Lennox Lewis, 54, was the last boxer to have attained the status of the undisputed heavyweight world champion 20 years ago.

However, this fight can only happen in 2021 if the Gypsy King hands Deontay Wilder his second career defeat after his victory over the American in February 2020.

With Fury faced with Wilder's next challenge, Joshua will battle mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev later this year.

Meanwhile, the WBC champion might also have to fight Dillian Whyte who is the interim champion and mandatory champion according to the Mirror.

The publication further revealed that the boxing body is considering making the Briton their 'franchise' champion while Whyte becomes their regular champion.

Unbeaten Fury, however, says he fancies big fights over belts as he seems to be heading towards the decline in his career.

He said: "I'm about fighting the biggest fights out there and Wilder-Joshua-Joshua are the biggest fights out there.

"Dillian Whyte is looking for a pay-day against me and Pulev is looking for a pay-day... all these challengers are not sellable, especially in America, so I'm looking to do colossal fights, the last few fights I have left, I want them to be the biggest possible fights.

"It won't be a belt or an organisation dictating to anybody because no-one has ever dictated to the champion.

"These low profile fighters don't mean anything to me, I'm after the biggest fights available.

"I'm a proud WBC champion but at the end of the day, I'm the lineal heavyweight champion of the world which trumps everything.

"Belts are just pieces of leather with pieces of metal on them and they don't mean anything to me."

Although Dilian White will have to fight Alexander Povetkin first - a fight penciled in for August 15 before having a chance against Fury.

And Fury added: "Dillian Whyte is a one-hit-wonder and he's been knocked out by AJ already.

"The answer to Dillian Whyte is, wait in the queue and your time will come when it comes; I'm not really interested in you.

"If he thinks he's going to call me a few names on social media and I'm going to turn down a £100million payday then he's got a long wait."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...