Here's the 11-year-old Bournemouth fan who broke his wrist after Ronaldo fired a shot into the crowd

Here's the 11-year-old Bournemouth fan who broke his wrist after Ronaldo fired a shot into the crowd

Cristiano Ronaldo once inspired Real Madrid to 6-0 win over Premier League side Bournemouth in a friendly encounter.

The winger found the back of the net twice in the first half of the meeting before Sami Khedira increased the tally just before the break.

Gonzalo Higuain, Angel Di Maria and Casemiro grabbed a goal each to wrap up the victory on a high for the Spanish League giants.

Los Blancos won the Champions League ten months later which backed up their performances in the game despite its inconsequential nature.

However, one of the major highlights of the match was when a free-kick from Ronaldo narrowly crossed the bars straight into the midst of Bournemouth fans at the back of the post.

According to Give Me Sport, Charlie Silverwood was the victim of the stray shot as the 11-year-old broke his wrist in the process.

Meanwhile, Silverwood told BBC then: "It was Ronaldo's first free-kick of the game.

It went straight for me so I blocked the ball with the palm of my left hand and the force, I suppose, reverberated up my arm and broke my wrist.

"If I hadn't blocked it with the palm of my hand I would have no front teeth.

It definitely had to be some speed otherwise it wouldn't have broken my wrist - 45 mph would be a safe guess I think."

The young boy got a rare gift for what happened to him after Ronaldo sent him a Real Madrid jersey which was signed by the entire team.

It was indeed a heartwarming gesture to the boy.

Charlie went ahead to watch the match to the end despite suffering major pain on his wrist caused by Ronaldo's shot.

He added: "Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime opportunity - seeing them play your local club - so I watched the rest of the match, mostly in pain considering I still had the sling, and afterward I then went to the hospital."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...