Man United boss Solskjaer tells board to sign to sign the best player in the world and it isn't Messi

Man United boss Solskjaer tells board to sign to sign the best player in the world and it isn't Messi

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted that he would love to have Cristiano Ronaldo back at the Old Trafford club, SunSport reports.

Solskjaer refers to the Juventus striker as the best player in the world and would be happy to be reunited with the Portuguese sensation.

Ronaldo and Solskjaer played together during the Portuguese six-year Manchester United stay from 2003-2009, which set him on the path to superstardom.

Now the manager of the club, Solskjaer confessed that Ronaldo is one of his former team-mates he would love to sign, as he also opted for midfield duo Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

But then he added: "Don't forget I played with Cristiano and he's the best player in the world - so I wouldn't mind having him in my team too."

"Cristiano always wanted to be the best but he was shaped by the environment he came to at United.

We - the more experienced players - just had to guide him once in a while.

"We could see a world-class talent with the best attributes you could see."

Meanwhile, Man United's bid to land Barcelona's Ansu Fati have hit the rocks after giving up on Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho, reports from Spain claim.

It is understood that the Premier League giants made a sensational £89million bid for the 17-year-old but was turned down.

United are among the clubs that have been on the trail of Sancho who has been valued at £100m by the Bundesliga side but the winger is not yet convinced of a switch.

According to Spanish news media outfit Sport, the Red Devils made an audacious attempt to sign Ansu Fati but was turned down.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...