Super Eagles star Ndidi admits 1 strange thing happened when he joined Leicester City to replace Kante

Super Eagles star Ndidi admits 1 strange thing happened when he joined Leicester City to replace Kante

Super Eagles defensive midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has stated that he was scared when he learnt he would be replacing the energetic N'Golo Kante at Leicester City.

Ndidi says he felt daunted when he had to replace the Frenchman who moved to joining Chelsea in 2016 after leading the Foxes to an unbelievable Premier League glory.

The Nigerian is now a regular first-team player at Leicester City, but admitted that he was initially scared when he first joined the club at the King Power stadium.

Kante won huge acclaim for his role in that fairytale story and Ndidi knew he had to prove he was up to the job.

Ndidi said, as quoted by the Daily Star: "The pressure I had was that they just won the league.

Kante left and they were looking for a replacement. Seeing this whole situation, it was very scary for me.

"It was the right time for me to go because Genk wanted me to progress in my career.

"Even during training, everyone wanted to see what I can do because the person who just left actually made a mark. So, the pressure was just there."

Serie A champions Juventus have reportedly joined Manchester United and Arsenal in the fight for them to sign Super Eagles and Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi.

So far this season and even since the Nigerian joined Premier League side Leicester City, Ndidi has been one of the best midfielders in the English topflight.

And according to the report by Calciomercato, Juventus have identified Wilfred Ndidi as the ideal man who will be of good help in their squad.

"The Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi would have ended up in the sights of the Turin leadership.

In this season the Nigerian has collected a total of 2224 minutes scoring two goals and one winning assist," the website stated.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...