Former Liverpool star snubs Eto'o, Drogba, names Super Eagles legend as most talented African footballer

Former Liverpool star snubs Eto'o, Drogba, names Super Eagles legend as most talented African footballer

Senegal football legend El-Hadji Diouf has again praised former Nigerian international Austin Jay Jay Okocha as he rates him the most talented footballer to come out of Africa.

Despite failing to win a major title just like African football icons Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'o, Diouf believes Okocha is the most talented footballer he has come across in Africa.

He made his feelings known in an interview with RSI and as cited on Complete Sports.

Diouf told RSI: "Today I respect what they [Drogba and Eto'o] have achieved in football and I will always defend them.

"The most talented of African footballers, who have played the game on the continent, since I was born, is Jay Jay Okocha.

"To be talented doesn't necessarily mean that you are the best or have won the most titles in your career, we'll always have people who will win more trophies and I respect that.

"He is the most talented player that I have ever seen.

He did not win as many trophies as the others, he did not win the Golden Ball but no one can argue that he is the most talented African footballer of all times."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...