EPL: Dimitar Berbatov reveals player Chelsea should sign as Hazard's replacement

EPL: Dimitar Berbatov reveals player Chelsea should sign as Hazard's replacement

Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov, has urged Chelsea to sign Bayer Leverkusen winger, Kai Havertz, as former Blues star, Eden Hazard's replacement at Stamford.

Hazard left Chelsea last summer for Real Madrid, but Berbatov believes Havertz could replace the Belgium international at Chelsea, adding that the 20-year-old German star has excellent quality.

"I think it's interesting to see Chelsea linked with him, they have not really replaced Hazard since he left and it was always going to be difficult to do so," Berbatov told Betfair.

"I think for sure they need to go for a young player with a lot of football ahead of them, and if that is the case, then they will also have to be patient as well because sometimes young players need time to adjust to the physicality and speed of the Premier League.

"Havertz is an option for them, but it has only been the first week back of the Bundesliga, and I hope that he continues to the way he has a comeback, by scoring and producing the goals that he has done so far."

He added: "Havertz has great quality, and he will become even better in the future."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...