Danger in La Liga as terrorist allegedly planned to attack El Clasico fixture with drone carrying explosives

Danger in La Liga as terrorist allegedly planned to attack El Clasico fixture with drone carrying explosives

In the wake of the lockdown across Europe, it has just been uncovered that an alleged 'lone wolf' terrorist had planned to attack a Real Madrid vs Barcelona match with a drone carrying explosives.

El Clasico is regarded as the biggest rivalry football game in Spain which attracts tens of thousands into the stadium and millions glued to their TV sets across the globe.

Reports have emerged that an alleged 'lone wolf' terrorist planned to target another edition of the fixture.

The last match between these two sides ended 2-0 in favour of the Real Madrid who played at home on March 1, but a 33-year-old Moroccan confided his twisted idea to police after his arrest.

Barcelona-based newspaper El Periodico, which published more details about his sick 'drone plan', said he was forced to ditch the project for a knife attack after football matches were banned because of coronavirus.

It also claimed the out-of-work waiter told a Syrian-based Islamic State mentor blamed for helping to radicalise him before his arrest: "One of these days I'll die.

"I'm going to be a meat mincing machine. I'm not afraid."

Police sources quoted by the newspaper said they were working on the theory he was planning to use a knife in an "imminent attack" on people queuing for food outside a supermarket or travelling by tube in Barcelona.

Spanish press have named the suspect, said to have lost his job and moved in with a Good Samaritan colleague after the cafe-bar where he worked closed down during the Covid-19 lockdown, as Mohammed Yassin.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...