Man United suffer major set back as superstar shuns their offer to agree new bumper deal with Juve

Man United suffer major set back as superstar shuns their offer to agree new bumper deal with Juve

Manchester United may have suffered a major set back in their chase for Paulo Dybala who has reportedly agreed to extend his stay at Juventus until 2025.

The Argentine superstar was closed to joining the Red Devils last summer but his Italian League club stopped that deal from happening.

Dybala has since then become an integral part of coach Maurizio Sarri's squad as they edge to another Serie A triumph this season.

The forward has scored 13 goals and 12 assists in 34 games in all competitions before football went on break in mid-March due to the outbreak of deadly coronavirus.

Juve's sporting director Fabio Paratici told Sky Sport Italia that the club intends to keep their player from joining another club anytime soon.

He said: "We're working to extend Paulo Dybala's contract.

"We want him as part of Juventus for many years."

Meanwhile, Italian news outlet Gazzetta dello Sport claims the player has reached a new long term agreement to remain in Turin.

Reports also reveal the Argentine who currently earns 6.6 million-a-year has been offered a new improved contract by the Old Lady.

Dybala who survived coronavirus' scare four times has expressed his desire to play alongside Man United's midfielder Paul Pogba.

He told UEFA official website about his favourite shirts, Dybala revealed he received a United kit gifted by Pogba after the clubs' Champions League meeting in 2018.

"I couldn't overlook a shirt like this, of course. It's from Manchester, from my friend Paul, whom I admire as a person even more than as a football player.

"I had the chance to share great things with him and hopefully I can repeat that someday."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...