Anxiety at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea set to sell star striker to big La Liga club permanently

Anxiety at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea set to sell star striker to big La Liga club permanently

There are reports that Chelsea are doing everything to seal Alvaro Morata's loan move to Atletico Madrid permanent in a bid to make huge cash.

Morata was offered to the La Liga side in January 2019 despite scoring 24 goals for the Stamford Bridge side in 18 months.

The 27-year-old joined Chelsea for a whopping £57million sum in 2017 where he replaced Diego Costa.

However his 18-month-loan to the Spanish club is gradually coming to an end and he would have to return to his parent club Chelsea, but it was gathered that Atletico agree to a £48.5m permanent transfer in 2020.

SunSports are reporting that the deal will be activated in July with frank Lampard pocketing huge amount of money The Spanish striker had earlier stated that he did not enjoy his time in England because he feels his team-mates were not impressed with his performance.

"It was driving me crazy. I had a bad time. I've smashed my phone after games. I've gone home and thrown it against a wall," Morata claimed.

Chelsea could now use Morata's cash to help fund a move for Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho.

Jadon Sancho's representatives and Chelsea have reportedly began discussions ahead of a summer move, reports in France claim.

The 19-year-old has been linked with top clubs in Europe but Manchester United and Chelsea are at the forefront for the teenage sensation.

According to French news media outlet France Football, negotiations have begun as the Stamford Bridge side look to bolster their squad for next season.

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is understood to have been handed a £150millio budget ahead of next summer to shop for fresh legs.

And the English manager is looking to get Sancho's deal over the line as quickly as possible before other clubs begin to tussle with the young lad.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...