Floyd Mayweather attacks 50 Cent, responds to claims he has blown his $800m fortune

Floyd Mayweather attacks 50 Cent, responds to claims he has blown his $800m fortune

American retired boxer has reiterated his commitment not to return into the rings despite calls that he should come out of retirement to fight and also make good money.

Mayweather who made close to, even if not more than $1billion during his 21-year professional career has responded to criticisms from UFC star Chael Sonnen and rapper 50 Cent that he is "broke".

The 43-year-old retired in 2017 right after he defeated Conor McGregor in the 10th round of their fight where he made not less than $200million.

"People keep saying, 'Floyd ain't got nobody, he don't got this and he don't got that, but I'm going to break certain things down," Mayweather told Fight Hype .

"I don't monitor nobody else's pockets. Am I comfortable? Absolutely. Do I make seven figures every month? Absolutely. From smart investments? Absolutely.

"But if I see an opportunity where I can entertain and have a little fun and make $600m, why not? If I am going to do something, it's got to be worth it.

"But there's no number that's worth me getting back in that ring and fighting these young fighters to get any type of wear and tear on my body."

The legendary fighter earlier stated that he is done with boxing after many suggest that he could be preparing for a return into the ring.

The former heavyweight champion lifted five different weight titles having won all his 50 professional bouts to make him the greatest pound-for-pound boxer of all time in a glittering career.

Suggestions that Mayweather could come out of retirement to take on Adrian Broner were dismissed by the 'Money Man', who stated that he is not ready to end up like his late uncle Roger.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...